Cardiac Rehabilitation is a customized program of exercise and education designed to help you recover after a heart attack, from other forms of heart disease or after surgery to treat heart disease. The customized Treatment Plan includes closely monitored exercise, nutritional counseling, emotional support and education.
Individualized Plan of Care
Throughout your stay, your condition and progress is monitored 24/7 by a specially trained team of licensed therapists and nursing staff who continuously track your progress. Our patients also benefit from heart-healthy practices such as a nutritious diet, daily exercise routines on state-of-the-art equipment and learning to cope with stress.
Exercise and Health
During Cardiac Rehabilitation, you will learn how to:
- Increase your physical activity and exercise safely
- Follow a heart-healthy diet
- Reduce your risk for future heart problems
- Improve your overall emotional health and well-being
Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs have been consistently shown to improve exercise tolerance and improve a patient’s well-being. At Alden Valley Ridge, your therapy goals may include:
- Reduce subsequent hospitalizations
- Return to meaningful vocational and leisure activities
- Increase your tolerance for exercise
- Reduce significant complications
The goals of Cardiac Rehabilitation are to help you regain strength, prevent your condition from worsening and reduce your risk of future heart problems – and get you home as quickly and safely as possible so you can resume living life to its fullest.